Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Seven Links Project

Artist friend Crystal Cook has tagged me, along with 6 other bloggers, in the Seven Links Project. The purpose of this project is "To unite bloggers (from all sectors) in a joint endeavor to share lessons learned and create a bank of long but not forgotten blog posts that deserve to see the light of day again." Seven catagories have been outlined and the posts which are the top ones (according to the blog owner) in each catagory must be named under them.


Your most beautiful post
Your most popular post
Your most controversial post
Your most helpful post
A post whose success surprised you
A post you feel didn't get the attention it deserved
The post you are most proud of



So, without much ado, here are my enteries:
1. Your most beautiful post: This was an easy one. It has to be The Portrait of My Mother.



Aai, Oil on Canvas, (19" x 20")



2. Your most popular post: I think my most popular post was Chitrakut Falls. Many people liked it on my blog as well as the blog for Indian Artists by Arti Chauhan.



Chitrakut Falls, Oil on Canvas (24" x 30")

3. Your most controversial post: This is not an easy one. My post Self Portrait has received quite a mixed reaction. Some people think the likeness is perfect, while others (especially my wife) think I am not as slim as I look in the painting. Anyways, it was a great learning experience about myself as much as about the process of painting.

Self Portrait, Oil on Paper (14" x 11")

4. Your most helpful post: 
I could not think of any of my posts that could be of help to anyone. So this one too was difficult. But on second thought I think my post LOW TIDE would perhaps qualify as my most helpful post. The money earned from this sale of this painting was donated to an organisation working to provide relief to the Tsunami victims of Japan. 


Low Tide, Watercolour on Paper, (11" x 15")


5.  A post whose success surprised you
I think my post Those Eyes Have Seen it All was overwhelmingly well received. It sure is one of my best portraits, but I was happily surprised that many readers had to agree with me.



Those Eyes Have Seen it All, Oil on Primed Paper (11" x 15")

6.A post you feel didn't get the attention it deserved
My post Still Life ... Oil on Canvas Panel was one of my first alla prima Still Lives and I think I did a reasonably good jobs with the edges. I love objects made of wood these two are perhaps the most beautiful I have. 

Wooden Coin Box and Jewelery Case, Oil on Canvas Panel (10" x 12")


7. The post you are most proud of
I think my post A Bit of Good News . This post is about the "Highly Commendable" Certificate I received at the Hyderabad Art Society's Annual National Exhibition 2011 for my painting "Boats on the Beach". This was the first ever recognition I received at the professional level for my art and I shall be proud of it for a log long time to come :)


Boats on the Beach, Oil on Canvas (24" x 18")

Now comes the last part where I tag fellow bloggers to carry on this chain of posts that retrospect some of the best blog posts.


Thank you all for reading this far. It was so much fun compiling this. :)

9 comments:

Ajay Patil said...

thx for tagging me here in the post.

Crystal Cook said...

Vinayak what a treat to look at all these posts of yours. I have never seen the portrait of your mother and would have to agree with you, she is beautiful and you have painted her with great sensitivity and skill. All of these are just wonderful and I'm so glad you did this. Also I'm with you on the still life of the wooden boxes, that one is one of my favorites precisely because of the edges! :)

And I love the still life above of almonds and soy sauce. That bottle is perfect, such great highlights and colors.

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

I really enjoyed your postings, they were all great and certainly deserved another look.

suzanneberry said...

your work is just amazing! so glad i found your blog through you very kind comments!

V. Deshmukh said...

Thank you so much everyone.

Meera Rao said...

really enjoyed seeing your list -such wonderful paintings! Shows you can handle any subject -in oils or watercolors :)

ush said...

Enjoyed your blog. Nice work with beautiful composition and skill! Thanks.
Usha

Paraskevi Lamprini M. said...

love for the falls , wow! , very nice, happy to be a follower

Urmi Battu said...

Nice compilation. I think it would be a great idea to have some kind of a gadget for bloggers to put these links on the side bar for a compilation of their work.
About the posts, they are all beautiful. I saw the "Wooden Coin Box and Jewelery Case" got damaged, hope you managed to recover it. Probably it fell apart because it didn't get the attention it deserved :). About your Self portrait : somehow it reminds me of the Indian cricketer Anil Kumble - don't you think? ... more controversy for you here! Last but not the least - you should be proud of all your work!