Monday, June 6, 2011

Still life .... Oil on Canvas Panel


Wooden Coin Box and Jewelery Case, Oil on Canvas Panel (10" x 12")

Long name for a small painting. I was inspired by the still lives of the wonderful artist John Fernandes. So I set up this small arrangement and painted it yesterday evening in about 4 hours. I think I am happy with the result. I plan to paint more of these until I get a hang of such low key subjects.


I also had a little bit of news to share. Katherine Tyrell had hosted a competition on her blog Making A Mark asking the participants to name their favourite watercolourist of all times and the reason for that. My comment was selected as the winner and the prize is a calendar on Watercolour published by Tate London. You can see what the participants had to say about their favourite watercolourists here.


I am very excited about the whole thing since I did not expect to win at all.
Thank you all for stopping by.

4 comments:

Crystal Cook said...

This is beautiful Vinayak. :) I love the lost edges. I think that's my favorite part. And congrats on the win! So cool.

Anonymous said...

Good job. Nicely keyed color.

V. Deshmukh said...

Thanks Crystal and Decker. I hope to do a few more.

Juan said...

La ayuda que me brindaron el Sr. Pedro y su compañía de préstamos durante mi proceso de financiamiento fue rápida y honesta, tanto que recomendaría a cualquiera que busque un préstamo a una tasa asequible del 2% de rendimiento anual. Pedí prestados USD 750.000. de su compañía de préstamos que quiero utilizar para financiar mi negocio, el Sr. Pedro trabaja con una compañía de préstamos de buena reputación que otorga a todos un préstamo para negocios y préstamos personales a través del correo electrónico de contacto; (cf-loans@outlook.com)
WhatsApp +393510140339