Sunday, November 27, 2011

Old Timers at Tollesbury


Old Timers at Tollesbury, Watercolour on Paper, (10" x 14")
(After Sidney Cardew)

Its really been a long time since I picked up the brush last and so I thought I might as well copy a painting of an artist I greatly admire. I have a book titled "A Celebration of Marine Art - Sixty Years of the Royal Society of Marine Artists". It is a lovely collection of marine paintings including this lovely watercolour by Mr. Cardew. I hope I have been able to do some justice here. I hope to be more regular with my painting in the coming months and hopefully improve a bit too.
All comments and critiques are most welcome. Thank you all for stopping by.

16 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Hi Vinayak. This is a good rendition of British marine landscapes. You did Mr. Cardew justice!

Vinayak Deshmukh said...

Thank you so much Kathryn.To the

Sadeu said...

a beautiful watercolor!!

Meera Rao said...

beautiful --you did Cardew justice :) love the bit of blue in sky and reflection!

Dr. Mohamed said...

I like the reflections of sky in the water. Good work!

Lampros Lampinos said...

just lovely, simple and lovely

Pragya Tiwari said...

It is really nice to see your watercolor after a long time! Love the way you handle the medium..great work!

Vinayak Deshmukh said...

Thank you Sadeu and Meera.

Vinayak Deshmukh said...

Thanks Mohammad, I feel the sky should have been a little more blue for that kind of reflection. But as they say, we live and learn ;-)

Vinayak Deshmukh said...

Thanks lampros and Pragya.

Crystal Cook said...

It is simply beautiful Vinayak. YOu've done wonderful work here and it doesn't look like you've taken a break at all!

Vinayak Deshmukh said...

Thank you so much Crystal.

D.BEENA said...

NICE WORK....

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I'm unfamiliar with Mr. Cardew's work, but this is a very fine piece of watercolor work in its own right. I really feel the vastness of space and presence of the ships.

(and look! your signature and accreditation is completely unobtrusive, up there in the corner ;-)

Sergio DS said...

Wonderful watercolor, well done. Congrats!

Rasika Mahabal said...

Beautiful!